Clip in hair extensions are an affordable and easy way to add temporary length to your hair, allowing you to style it however you want. These are the safest and also pave an easy way to add length to your hair. Other methods of hair extensions, like sewn-in extensions, are uncomfortable to use, and may cause hair damage if done incorrectly (not to mention that they cost a fortune!). Clip in hair extensions, on the other hand, are safe, very comfortable and, most importantly, can be removed at any time. You can use them for special occasions for a day and remove them the same day, so that your hair will be back to normal the next day.
Steps to apply Clip in Hair Extensions
1) Make sure you are comfortable with the clips before you use them. Try opening and closing them once or twice to get a feel for the amount of pressure you will have to apply to get them opened. Your hair needs to be divided evenly by the clips, or it might be an uncomfortable experience for you.
2) If this is the first time you are applying a clip, you might want to ask someone to assist you. Use your fingers, or a tail comb, to part your hair horizontally across your scalp, from ear to ear, about an inch from the nape of your neck. Secure the parted hair on the top with a clip or a hair tie.
3) Stray hair should be smoothed out of the way.
4) Now, you should put the clip in hair extension along the length of your hair. The clips on the extension should be in the open position. Depending on the type of hair extensions you are using, there might be one or more clips on it. For a weft hair extension, the middle part of the clip should be attached first, followed by the clip on the left and then on the right. The hair on the extension should lie smooth and flat against your scalp. Make sure it is secure before proceeding further.
5) The next steps are a repeat of the above process. Hair extension clips need to be attached at an interval of an inch, one above the other. So, part your hair horizontally an inch above the first attached hair extension and secure the top parting with a clip. Attach the clip in hair extension to the bottom part, cleanly along the scalp. The process needs to be repeated till all the wefts are in place.
6) The smaller side extensions have to be attached in a similar way. The measuring begins from the ears, so you have to attach the side extensions an inch above the ear. Move up the head in intervals of an inch till all the side extensions are in place.
7) The process is now complete!
Styling your hair with clip in hair extensions
Clip in hair extensions can be safely styled with a hair straightener or a curling iron. The clip in hair extensions add a great deal of length to your hair, so you can now try out that dream hairstyle you’ve always wanted. If you don’t have a style in mind, you can always surf the internet for some.
Removing the clip in hair extensions
It is best that you go from top to bottom. Make sure that your thumbs are placed on the top sides of the clips, while your index fingers are placed below the clips along the horizontal part, pointing at each other. Snap the clips open and gently remove from your hair. Repeat the process the till all the clips are removed.